Your dual membership in DC ACEP and national ACEP is your connection to your local emergency medicine network, where you can connect with emergency physicians throughout the state.
To request a membership application, call ACEP’s national headquarters at 1-800-798-1822, ext. 5.
DC ACEP works for the highest principles of the specialty to benefit both its physicians and the patients they serve. In addition, DC ACEP advocates for legislation that will positively impact emergency medicine, and also provides:
- News and information
- Leadership opportunities
- Policies addressing local issues
Benefits of Membership
Information and Networking Opportunities
Membership in DC ACEP provides you with numerous opportunities to network with colleagues at local meetings, events and educational sessions. In addition, members have access to our DC ACEP staff and to staff members in our national headquarters in Dallas, Texas, where more than 90 experienced staff members are available to assist you and answer questions.
Membership also gives you access to information developed by 30 ACEP committees and 30 Sections of Membership, which provide additional networking and communication opportunities in specific areas.
Annals of Emergency Medicine
Members receiveAnnals, the leading peer-reviewed clinical journal of the specialty. Each issue contains authoritative clinical articles and reports of important new research to help you keep pace with the rapid changes occurring in emergency medicine.
This monthly news magazine reports on the current issues facing emergency physicians, as well as important and useful information on practice management areas such as reimbursement and physician wellness.
Emergency Medicine Today
This daily news brief, created specifically for emergency physicians, provides update on the important issues confronting your practice. Available only to members, Emergency Medicine Today is designed to keep you up-to-date on today’s fast changing health care environment.
- Educational Meetings and Publications
- Clinical Policies/Patient Care Information>
- Policy Resource and Education Papers
- Policy Statements
- Practice Management Support
Career and Practice Management Resources
- Portfolio Tracker – Keep all of your important professional documents secure and handy
- CME Tracker
- Annals of Emergency Medicine – The #1 science and research journal in EM
- Scientific Assembly – Registration discount
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) – Member discounts
- Clinical Policies, Policy Statements and information papers
- Sonoguide: Ultrasound Guide forEmergency Physicians
- EM Career Central – Access job listings at no charge
- Practice Resources – Education for improved efficiency and patient care
- Patient & Consumer Education – Patient information pieces from ACEP.org
- Financial Planning Resources – Provided by the Financial Planning Association
- 100% Club – 25% off national dues for all new ACEP members
- Annual LLSA Conference
- Annual Fall Member Benefit Events – financial planning activities, etc…
Leadership and Networking Resources
- ACEP’s Member Directory – Stay connected with your colleagues
- Sections of Membership – Join any of 30 special interest groups providing education, networking and leadership opportunities
- Leadershipand Advocacy Conference – Featuring the annual Washington, DC emergency medicine lobbying day
Advocate for Emergency Medicine
- One voice – on emergency medical and payment issues to policymakers
- 911 Legislative Network
- 911 Legislative Alerts – on legislation that can impact the practice of medicine
Discounts and Savings
- ACEP Insurance Programs – Hagan Barron Intermediaries has all your insurance solutions
- Office Depot – Savings off manufacturer’s list prices
- SoFi – Save thousands by refinancing your student loans
- Dell – Special member discounts on computers and equipment
- MedjetAssist – Take trips, not chances, with MedjetAssist
- Bank of America – Earn points with the freedom to redeem for cash back or other rewards
- Hertz Rental Car – Special member discounts year-round
- Brooks Brothers – ACEP members save 15% on regular price merchandise at Brooks Brothers
- FoundersCard – 35% off membership rate
- Canopy Medical Translator App – Free download with ACEP’s access code
- Prescriber’s Letter – Save more than $100 on a subscription that includes CME
- Vestex – 15% off active barrier protective lab coats and scrub uniforms
- ACEP Bookstore – Member discounts